Combining contempory Fabrics with Funtional uses

Individually handcrafted clothes and accessories, designed especially for fun, fantastic - slightly whimsical children and their like minded Mummys

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Creative Space ...

Its a very simple quilt, that I will piece by machine and then hand quilt - which I LOVE to do, especially all cozy on the couch on a winters night!


Amy Butlers Lotus range is my all time favourite, I love the rich colours and the simplicity of the designs...I hope it never goes out of print!



Its back to basics for me today, I started sewing well over 15 years ago and the first thing I made was a square block quilt from charm squares I bought (well I was young so my Mum would of bought for me) from Laura Ashley. I can remember the prints vividly - I wonder where it is now??

I have some gorgeous Amy Butler scraps, which have been hibenating in a box for far to long, so this little quilt will be a gift to me!! As I swear we never seem to make things for ourselves - do you find the same??

2 comments:

  1. It is lovely and what a great memory...I recently made a beanie for myself or atleast I thought...My daughter took it haha..that will show me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely simple piecing, and beautiful fabrics! Inspired me to get out the quilt I have neglected to work on :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts, please say hello if you popped by xx