Combining contempory Fabrics with Funtional uses

Individually handcrafted clothes and accessories, designed especially for fun, fantastic - slightly whimsical children and their like minded Mummys

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

dress up - my creative space


Well this is my new 'best friend' - I got her off layby last Saturday and Wow!!! she is so very fast and a dream. This machine is classified as semi industrial and only sews straight stitch BUT 1600 stitches per minute mind you.... tho I have it set on a slower setting until I feel I can handle it. As I sew mostly baby bibs, bags etc I was getting frustrated that my Janome (not very old) wouldn't go any faster, so Jenny Janome has a partner in crime, oh can't forget Travis Toyota (my overlocker) so now there is three....Mmm dining table is an eight seater THANK GOD!!!


This is a pic of my 'creative space' literally, it was once a very organised dining room, but since the arrival of Mr Billy, my sewing room is now his domain.


I made this reversible apron for myself yesterday and is the first thing I made from my new machine (must give her a name)
I wore it out to dinner and the state cinema last night and was tickled pink when asked by 2 women where I got it from....

Happy days all - Im heading off to work x

1 comment:

  1. Very cute apron dress.
    I love the doilies.
    Nice machine too... Very cool.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts, please say hello if you popped by xx