Combining contempory Fabrics with Funtional uses

Individually handcrafted clothes and accessories, designed especially for fun, fantastic - slightly whimsical children and their like minded Mummys

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

BIRTH & DAYS

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILLY

Pics a little 'IRISH' - in wrong order need to start at the bottom and work your way UP...


More??

Now thats what I'm talking about...

Not to bad..

Bit sticky tho..

Green one looks good



Well today was very special within its self. My little man William turned 1 - with that of course comes a day of reflection...where were we this time a year ago? Most of us Mothers will ALWAYS remember our thoughts and emotions on our Children's birthdays, for it was a huge milestone for us and for me personally I have never felt so empowered.

I set off to work happy and in good spirits, mostly due to the joyful morning spent singing endless versions of 'Happy Birthday' (Ava thought it was hilarious to sing "you live in a zoo, you act like a monkey and you smell like one too')...so you can probably gather that the trip over the Derwent Bridge at 8:15am this morning was lively, loud and full of laughter. Also pretty pumped that I recieved an email early am, congratulating me on a successful application into Mathildas Market Melbourne... Dropped Ava off to school (she insisted in holding Bills hand the whole way into the classroom , even though I was holding him, cute, cute..) Met Mum at retro in Salamanca and then drove her and William home to the Glebe, put William into bed and said a bye to all and off to Kingston to work with flowers. Finished work, picked up William (Mum picked up Ava) and home to greet some 'merry visitors' to sing more happy birthdays and games of chasing Oh - and of course more pressies to open... most of them with lots of NOISE... thanks everyone!!! (guess its Karma for all the really annoying gifts I have given to friends children - lawnmover hasn't been a hit - sorry Dusty xx ...NOT)

I was feeling on top of the world, having all my family and loved ones around until......yes it only takes a simple thing to bring you back down...

Well my reaction to it is - let it slide, run with what it is you are comfortable with, believe and know what is right and wrong. I have spent a lot of my years worried with what 'other people think, say and do' and I am first to admit that I hold my heart 'directly' on my sleeve for all to see. And unfortunately that can be my undoing - should you follow your head or heart??? Mmmm now I think that's a tough one. But in reality I find that my 'Heart' is too emotional - that's where I sense things first and my 'Head' well unfortunately I tend to go there last, and 'think' and 'react' with my gut/heart.

So a new 'mantra' is born tonight - I will 'feel' the emotion, but then 'pause' evaluate 'then react'...

For I am certainly a creature of 'habit' and 'habit' is very hard to change...

2 comments:

  1. hi kate, happy birthday to bill, sounds like both he and Ava had a great day! Congratulations on Mathilda's - they'll LOVE your goods in Melb. Hope your day has gone back to being great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as usual a great read...my "mantra" is very similar S.O.S Stop, Observe (then) Speak! ;o))

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts, please say hello if you popped by xx